Monday, February 23, 2009

A week in Zanesville

Max has had his first trip on an airplane! Max and I flew to Columbus to spend a week in Zanesville with my parents. I was pretty anxious about how the flights would got, but Max did so well and slept through both flights. He is such an easy going child and a great traveler.
We had a wonderful visit. I got my cravings for Tom's, Adornetto's, and Mom's cooking fulfilled. Daniel flew in town for the weekend and we got to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday with her. Max spent lots of quality time with Nana and Papa and showed off his many talents (and bodily functions!). He especially liked bathtime and having Papa feed him dinner.
A week was a long time for us to be away from Jeff, but we Skyped almost everyday. Max started giggling as soon as Jeff picked him up at the airport. He missed his daddy!

Max loved Papa playing airplane with his dinner!

Splish Splash!

First trip to Tom's Ice Cream Bowl

Visiting Papa at work.

Four Generations of Drakes

Saying good-bye at the airport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Tom's Ice Cream Bowl! We used to make special trips to Zanesville when I was a kid just to get sundaes.
It is nice to know someone else in the world world knows about that lille gem of a place.
-Courtney